When was the last time you were creative?

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Week 21 – Google Docs

One of the best ideas I saw came from 12 things you didn't know Google Docs could do - tip no. 5 Backups. My desktop computer at home crashed because the hard drive has died. I guess I could have uploaded my key files as an off site backup. This would have been very handy so long as my internet speed was quick enough so the task could be done quickly.

It was good to be able to create a form with google docs. I was able to create a helpdesk form for any computer problems. This could a form that any of our branches could submit a problem from. It is very nifty to see that once I submitted a completed from the results were logged into a spreadsheet. This could be a great way to track our local support calls. Not sure if you would give only Systems staff access to the spreadsheet or all clients. I think only systems staff but I am sure we could share the helpdesk spreadsheet out if we wanted.

I believe there would be many other ways that our library could use google docs. One example might be to setup a feedback form for our clients. This would allow us to fine tune the service to our clients needs.

Yes as many people say, "Google docs rocks".

No comments: