Thursday, June 17, 2010
Week 16 - Evaluation of Web 2.0 Tools
Wow. I am amazed at all the functions and capabilities of the Web 2.0 Tools. It was very time consuming but interesting exercise to try some of these tools functions. I searched for the Tweet reach of the word Library. I was astounded that it reached over 25,000 people from the 50 most recent tweets. WOW that would be a great way to see our libraries message get extra exposure. It would take a while to build up followers but it would be well worth it. TweetReach for web 2.1 Reached 63,115 people via 50 tweets. This shows me that there is considerable interest in Web 2.1 tools. This search took a fair amount of time even on a 20Mb link with no other users. I would hate to see how long this would take me from home on a 256/64 link. It is interesting to note that I can setup to be able to email a special twitter email address and Twitter will then post my message. Most of these web 2.0 tools are much more powerful than I expected. It would take a while to create a plan to take best use of them for our library. I setup a Google Alert account but did not find anything out about our library service directly. When I setup Library Staff which is much more general I got a lot of interesting information back. Setting up alerts about Library gave an insight into what other libraries are doing. This exercise gave me a much clearer idea of what these tools can do. By the way you should be able to subscribe to my blog post through Feed Burner at this address http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/rGWel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment