When was the last time you were creative?

Monday, June 28, 2010

Week 17 Nings

Nings


I thought the Mossman Library Ning was very good. It looks like a neat way to integrate web 2.1 technology. I think that libraries will need to interact more with their patrons especially when the patrons are not in the library. By engaging patrons outside the library it will keep the library connected to their users. This will allow for better promotions and greater utilisation of the library’s facilities. It is wonderful to see that Mossman has 125 members which will increase over time. Our patrons can interact on our OPAC by creating ratings and reviews for books. I feel that we should encourage this much more to help bring more life to our OPAC.

It was very interesting to see Musuem 3.0 using their Ning to elicit feedback from 39 of their clients about possible changes to the Ning. Nings are good because they allow the combinations of blogs, photo and video sites and forums all in the one unit. It is a valuable tool for any interest group.

No comments: